Form 11 claim for married person tax credit

You are reminded that to claim the married person tax credit details of the spouse’s PPSN must be returned on the Form 11 income tax return. Revenue has advised that if an alternative PPSN is returned in place of the correct spouse PPSN this will lead to incorrect linking of taxpayers and consequences for taxpayers’ records on Revenue’s system.

We understand from Revenue that if an alternative PPSN is used, for example the tax agent’s personal PPSN, that the taxpayer and the tax agent will be linked on Revenue’s records. This may mean that the taxpayer could access the tax agent’s personal tax details, and visa versa.

Taxpayers can update their marital tax status along with the correct spouse PPSN on MyAccount.